Head to toe dressing guide for every bridesmaid
There is nothing more exciting for a girl than knowing that her best friends getting married. As excited as you maybe for this momentous celebration, theres no denying that dressing for your best friends wedding is a tricky and dreadful task. However few tips can do the trick.
Nehpreet Kaur- Design and Creative Head, Femina Flaunt; Alisha Malik- Vice President Marketing and creative face Mochi Shoes and Accessories; Mimi Hrahsel- Business Head, Shaya by CaratLane list down few tips for every bridesmaids
* This wedding season, opt for a trendier and more experimental look with ruffled lehengas. You can either style the lehenga with a traditional blouse or crop top, however you please and look like a damsel to impress. Ruffled lehenga is an epitome of sheer perfection in terms of the draping technique and is sure to make heads turn.
* Bring out your inner desi girl with a generous dose of glamour. Move away from the mundane fabrics and silhouettes by mixing and matching Indian and Western elements to create interesting ensembles. Strapless blouses are definitely the flavour of the season.
* Inspired by season’s Pantones of the year ? Rose Quartz and Serenity ? are pretty pastel for the new age festive. “Blushing pink” or “something blue” is dreamy pallet that breaks the saturated molds without veering too far outside of wedding territory.
* The trend which is dominating the industry is silver jewellery. This current favourite is incredibly Indian yet modern in style and instantly elevates your look. So, indulge your inner glam girl and go ahead and pair that crisp off-shoulder blouse with intricate statement making earrings. A chunky piece of silver earrings instantly injects contemporary edge into any outfit.
* Don’t be shy of experimenting with your jewellery. It is time to break the fashion rule that necklaces and necklines go hand in hand. No, they don’t! For instance, accentuate your open neckline gown with a choker style to add a little boldness to your look without overwhelming it.
* After you are set on the perfect dress, you will need to find all of the accessories. One of those are the shoes to accompany you as you cater to you bridesmaid duties. Ensure your shoes are comfortable yet fabulous as you know who’s going to be doing the running around for the bride. Heels can be a sassy showstopper, or they simply can be a lovely, elegant and a final touch to complement your look.
* The shoes for bridesmaids are the final element creating a polished, cohesive wedding day look! Invest in styles that will drop jaws, and that you’ll wear again. Opt for a pair of subtle nude stilettos or off-white pumps. If your outfit is subtle, pair it with metallic or bold colour heels.