Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital provides Quaternary Care at the cost of Tertiary Care
Chettinad Super Specialty Hospital provides Quaternary Care at the cost of Tertiary care. Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital held a press conference on 30th November 2018 to announce the same in the presence of doctors Dr. Prabhu Mayakesavan, MD, Director, Medical Services, Dr Sanjay Theodore, Ms, MCH, Chief Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon, Dr Siva Kumar, MD, PDCC, Consultant Cardiac Anesthesiologist and Dr Chokkalingam, MD, DNB, Senior Consultant and Interventional Cardiologist.
Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital routinely uses the technique of minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS) which aims for minimal access incision, lower cost, and shorter hospitalization time and recuperative period, to cater to patients of all strata of society with a wide variety of cardiac diseases.
MICS brings with it a series of advantages. The biggest advantage being the cost of surgery and the recovery cost reduces to almost half. Apart from that, this surgery brings with it various other advantages.
1. Minimal incision, with no bone splitting and cosmetically acceptable scar – smaller incision of 6cm length.
2. Minimal pain – no cutting of bone involved, therefore less bleeding and pain.
3. Minimal morbidity and mortality – lower risk of complications and death, with significant long-term benefit in quality of life.
4. Minimal cost – highly economical, with only about 25% of the cost compared to other percutaneous therapies.
5. Minimal hospitalization period – faster recovery and earlier return to normal activities.
6. Maximum precision – safe and efficient surgical techniques and instrumentation with video-assisted minithoracotomy by an expert team.
“Even with such reduced cost, a lot of our patients aren’t able to afford these procedures. We at Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital have always put our patients’ well-being ahead of money and that’s why we have decided to provide Quaternary Care at the cost of Tertiary care”, said Mr. Ashwin Natesan, Director, Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital.