Mumbai, December 27, 2018: JioCinema, Jio’s digital app, and Disney India have come together to offer timeless stories and beloved characters from the biggest brands in storytelling: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas film to Jio users across age groups. For the first time ever, the app will host a dedicated Disney branded section on the homepage with content spanning across movies, animation, series, and shorts.
Through this association, Jio users can get access to stories ranging from Disney Classics, Pixar animation, movies from Marvel and Star Wars along with a host of international as well as locally created content which they can enjoy on-the-go. With content available for the entire family, the app also offers a diverse collection of series and movies for kids and teens along with Marvel kids’ animation shows.
In addition to this, the app also brings in a unique character customization option where fans can choose from their favorite Disney, Marvel, Pixar or Star Wars character such as Mickey Mouse, Captain America, and Lightning McQueen and browse the entire range of content available on that character.
WIDTH OF CONTENT:
1. JioCinema is now home to heartwarming stories and memorable characters from Disney like The Jungle Book, The Lion King and the ever-so-popular tales of Disney Princesses like Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty and more.
2. Disney fans who prefer international content revolving around fun, music, and adventure are in for a special treat with popular hits like Hannah Montana to blockbuster original movies like Descendants and more.
3. JioCinema offers original series like Mickey Mouse and the Roadster Racers along with the recently released DuckTales and local animation stories of Gaju Bhai and Simple Samosa for those young at heart.
4. For fans who enjoy larger-than-life action, there’s Marvel’s mightiest Super Heroes who bring in their superpowers with movies like Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor along with animated series such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel’s Avengers Assemble and more.
5. JioCinema is also playing host to 50+ movies that have been nominated for Academy Awards over the last 90 years. Animation delights like Toy Story, Wall-E, Up and more have been included to bring the joy of world-class films to Indian audiences.
6. The best of films from the Star Wars Universe such as Star Wars: Return of The Jedi, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back etc. are also available for fans of the Galaxy Far, Far Away.
JioCinema is an on-demand video streaming platform from the house of Reliance Industries Limited. It has over 1 lakh+ hours of exciting content: Movies, TV Shows, Music videos, Clips, trailers and more. Users can enjoy trending and latest movies in preferred languages which include Hindi, English, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Bengali, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Malayalam, Punjabi and Dubbed content. The application is available to download on Google Play store and Apple App store and also comes pre-loaded on the JioPhone.
HOW TO ACCESS DISNEY CONTENT ON JIOCINEMA:
Disney content is available through an exclusive Disney-Jio section on JioCinema’s welcome page. To access Disney content, existing users of Jio, will need to download the JioCinema app and perform a one-time activity of sharing a customizable message with their friends on Facebook, Twitter or Whatsapp. New users will need to buy a Jio SIM and follow the same process to gain this access.
About Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd:
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (“Jio”), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (“RIL”), has built a world-class all-IP data strong future proof network with latest 4G LTE technology. It is the only network conceived and born as a Mobile Video Network from the ground up and supporting Voice over LTE technology. It is future ready and can be easily upgraded to support even more data, as technologies advance on to 5G, 6G and beyond. Jio will bring transformational changes in the Indian digital services space to enable the vision of Digital India for 1.2 billion Indians and propel India into global leadership in digital economy. It has created an eco-system comprising network, devices, applications and content, service experience and affordable tariffs for everyone to live the Jio Digital Life. As part of its customer offers, Jio has revolutionized the Indian telecom landscape by making voice calls for Jio customers absolutely free, across India, to any network, and always. Jio makes India the highest quality, most affordable data market in the world so that every Indian can do Datagiri.
About Reliance Industries Limited (RIL):
RIL is India’s largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 430,731 crore ($ 66.1 billion), cash profit of INR 56,034 crore ($ 8.6 billion), and net profit of INR 36,075 crore ($ 5.5 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2018. RIL is the first private sector company from India to feature in Fortune’s Global 500 list of ‘World’s Largest Corporations’ – currently ranking 148th in terms of revenues and 99th in terms of profits, the most profitable Indian company on the list. The company stands 83rd in the ‘Forbes Global 2000 rankings for 2018’ – the top-most among Indian companies. It ranks amongst LinkedIn’s ‘Top Companies Where India Wants to Work Now’ (2018). RIL’s activities span hydrocarbon exploration and production, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and 4G digital services.
About The Walt Disney Company India:
Disney India began operations in July 2004 with its head office located in Mumbai and has significantly expanded its footprint in the country since then. Today, the company is one of the leading film studios and film distributors in India; one of the largest TV networks, with nine popular channels targeting kids, youth and families; a leading player in the digital, interactive and games segment; and the largest licensor in the consumer products space. Building around core brands like Disney, Marvel, UTV, Bindass, Hungama and Star Wars, the organization is dedicated to creating and distributing the best in branded entertainment for Indian consumers across all age groups through films, television, digital and consumer products.