Afghan Information Ministry attacked, 2 assailants killed

Three suicide bombers staged an assault on an 18-storey building housing the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology headquarters in the centre of the Afghan capital on Saturday. Two of the attackers were later killed by the security forces.

Hundreds of civilians were rescued from the Afghan Ministry after an explosion followed by the sound of sporadic gunfire had been heard in the complex, said Interior Ministry spokesperson Nasrat Rahimi. Six people were injured in the assault and taken to the hospital.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack, but it follows the suspension of talks between the Afghan government and Taliban insurgents. The outfit’s spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid, however, said it was not behind the attack.

View more…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *