Chicken – 700 gm
Green chilly – 10
Curd – 75ml
Cinnamon – 4
Fennel seeds – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom – 4
Cloves – 4
Ginger & Garlic paste – 4 tablespoon
Salt – As needed
Rice – 4 glass
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Bay leaf – 2
Khuskhus – 2 teaspoon
Mint leaves & coriander leaves – a handful
Hot water – 6 glass
- Make a paste of all the spices together like chilly, Khuskhus, 2 cloves, fennel seeds, 2 cinnamon, 2 cardamoms.
- Marinate the chicken in a mix of ginger garlic paste, curd, salt, and paste made from the spices. Set it aside and allow it to marinate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Start heating the vessel and add ghee & oil. Now, add bay leaf, remaining cardamom, cloves, cinnamon followed by mint leaves and coriander leaves. Saute well for a few minutes and do not overcook the leaves.
- Add the marinated chicken and saute it for 20 minutes.
- Now, add 6 glasses of water, some salt for the chicken alone, and close the lid. Allow the chicken to cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, soak the rice for 7 to 10 minutes and drain all the water.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the soaked rice and some salt. Allow it to cook for 10 to 15 minutes with an open lid.
- Now, use a ladle and mix them and close the lid and keep it for 5 more minutes to get the rice fully cooked.
- Open the lid put the chopped coriander leaves on the surface of the rice and one spoon of ghee.
- Ensure that the total salt needed is split into two parts and used, one for cooking chicken and the other for cooking the rice.
- You can serve this with some onion raita.