A bacon veg soup recipe is so healthy and there are so many ways we can make them. We can get cooking easy and classic nutritious recipes of vegetable soup loaded with mixed veggies and high on flavors.
8 ounce bacon, cooked
1 Carrot, sliced
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Cups medium broccoli florets
4 large potatoes, cubed
32 Oz chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
2 cups whole milk
3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 Tsp salt
½ Tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1. Cube bacon and cook in a Dutch oven or large pot with a thick bottom, once the bacon is cooked remove from the pot and leave bacon grease.
2. Finely chop the onions, slice the carrot, and cut the broccoli into medium florets.
3. Cube the potatoes to even size and add to a bowl of water to keep from browning.
4. In the Dutch oven, saute the carrot and onions until the carrots are tender.
5. Add in the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
6. Pour in the chicken broth, water, and add potato cubes. Bring it to a boil and cook for 10 minutes until potatoes are about cooked.
7. Stir the corn and broccoli florets and cook until the broccoli is cooked.
8. Whisk together the milk and flour and add it to the pot along with salt and pepper.
9. Turn heat to low and add the bacon back with the cheese and cook until cheese completely melts, stirring frequently.
10. Add fresh herbs, if desired.